Homework Questions for Monday 6/15. This homework is due at the beginning of school on Tuesday 6/16.
Vocabulary Map Vocab:
Juan Ponce de Leon
House of Burgesses
English Bill of Rights
Puritans and Pilgrims
Baron de Montesquieu
French and Indian War
"Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God"
1. In what ways does the United States earliest human history support the idea that we are a nation of immigrants?
2. How did geography influence the American Indians way of life?
3. What did the Europenas hope to gain by finding a sea route to India?
4. How did Europens explorations affect life in the Americas, Africa, and Europe?
5. What were the ideas of John Locke and the Enlightenment?
6. How do the ideas of the Enlightenment relate to the founding of the United States?
7. Describe the relationship between the early colonists and the American Indians?
8. Create a chart comparing and contrasting the colonies of Massachusetts, Pennslyvania, and Rhode Island. Address who founded them and why.
9. Discuss the relationship between agriculture in the southern colonies and the need for African slaves?
10. Create a chart comparing and contrasting the economies of the Nothern colonies and the Southern colonies.