Homework Questions for Tuesday 6/16. This homework is due at the beginning of school on Wednesday 6/17.
Vocab Web words:
Sons of Liberty
Boston Tea Party
Lexington and Concord
King George III
Declaration of Independence
Marquis de Lafayette
Treaty of Paris 1783
Articles of Confederation
The Great Compromise
checks and balances
Bill of Rights
1.What were the causes of tension between Britain and the Colonists?
2. Choose one of the tax acts imposed by the British and explain the colonists' reaction to it.
3. How did the ideas of the Enlightenment influence the American Revolution?
4. What risks did declaring independence pose for the colonists?
5. Create a chart that shows the advantages and disadvantages of the colonists during the American Revolution.
6. What role did France play in the colonists' victory in the American Revolution?
7. What were the weaknesses of the Articles of Confederation?
8. Create a chart that compares and contrasts the arguments of the Federalists and the Antifederalists.
9. What were the key issues of debate during the Constitutional Convention?
10. What rights are guaranteed to citizens in the First Amendment?