Homework Questions for Thursday 6/18. This homework is due at the beginning of school on Monday 6/22.
Second Great Awakening
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Compromise of 1850
Harriet Beecher Stowe
Dred Scott v. Stanford
Election of 1860
Stephen A. Douglas
Robert E. Lee
Ulysses S. Grant
Battle of Gettysburg
Appomattox Court House
Lee Harvey Oswald
Ku Klux Klan
De Jure Segregation
1. Why did California's application for statehood cause so many problems?
2. How did the Underground Railroad operate?
3. Explain what popular sovereignty is. And why was it so controversial.
4. How did the Supreme Court use the Dred Scott decision to make slavery legal?
5. Choose 4 events that led America to Civil War, and explain them on a timeline.
6. What effects did the Civil War have on Women and African Americans?
7. Create a chart titled: Consequences of the Civil War. Fill it in with the Political, Economic, Technological, and Social consequences of the Civil War.